1. Yesterday I checked out this new-to-me place called The Main Event in Tempe. Apparently they have a bunch of locations in Texas also? Anyway, they have bowling, arcade games, laser tag, and pretty much everything else you could think of. We went bowling and had a blast! The best part was that after your turn, a little face pops up with the number of pins you got, and they were ridiculous.
2. Today I’m going to a food truck festival! I can’t wait to eat all sorts of creative food truck deliciousness.
3. All my favorite tv shows ended, so I’ve started re-watching Desperate Housewives. Okay, so what you want, but I freaking LOVE that show. I love how every single episode is named after a song from a Stephen Sondheim musical (#musicaltheatrenerd alert…), I love the drama, and I really freaking love Lynette’s character. I just feel like I get her, and the only other character I remember feeling that strongly about is Princess Anna from Frozen.
4. Speaking about Frozen, I can’t get enough. I’ve seen it 3 times, and would pay money to see it again. I think it might be my favorite Disney movie. I cried a little inside when I realized the sheet music wasn’t available yet. At least not in choral arrangements. When it is, you better believe ALL my kids will be singing it.
5. So I guess every endurance junkie gets to a point where this happens.
There was a big bang/crash/etc. I asked my husband what happened, to which he responded “You have too many f**king medals”. He’s so eloquent.
6. I have a really sweet giveaway coming your way tomorrow. It’s Valentine’s Day themed. I actually kind of think Valentine’s Day is stupid, but it doesn’t keep me from enjoying all the sappy love crap. To be honest, I’d rather just treat it like any other day with a cute little quirky gift and funny card. I usually get Steve things that are dachshund and bicycle themed.
8. I have kind of a crazy couple of weeks coming up. Next weekend we head out to Huntington Beach for the Surf City 1/2 Marathon which leads right into Birthday-week (okay, I basically celebrate the entire MONTH of February–I freaking LOVE birthdays!), and then the day after my birthday (which is February 6th in case you’re curious 😉 ) we leave for NYC!! My brother got accepted into an international orchestra (out of tens of thousands of people!) and will be playing at CARNEGIE HALL!
9. That means I get to spend my birthday with this guy for the first time ever. So freaking stoked.
10. A couple of weeks ago I had the opportunity to work with personal trainer and pain specialist Cecilia Ticktin. Full disclosure: she offered me three sessions to share about my experience. Anyway, she has a truly amazing and inspirational story, and I absolutely loved my sessions with her! Here’s a little bit about her:
Health and Human Performance Coach Cecelia Ticktin Uses Lessons Learned in Her Personal Rehabilitation Experience to Teach YOU to Alleviate Chronic Pain, Overcome Injury, Optimize Athletic Performance, and Lose Weight / Keep It Off For Good.
Call (609) 658-5551 today and mention offer code ARISMENU for a $37 evaluation!
“I am exceptional at what I do because I stayed purposefully tuned in through 8 years of severe chronic pain caused by a devastating car accident and the development of Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (formerly known as Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy), so that I could have emotional access to experiences that allow me to genuinely identify with and appreciate many of the difficult experiences my clients bring to me. I learned everything the hard way so you don’t have to.” – Cecelia
And that’s all for this weekend folks. So tell me, what show do you watch reruns of over and over and over?