1. You guys, I feel so spoiled. For the past 2 weeks, life has been pretty much about me. All my friends and family came out to support me at my first marathon, then I had all this birthday celebrating happening, and I just kept getting the best gifts! I don’t know if I can go back to real life now. It’s going to be so disappointing.
2. My favorite birthday gift was probably from Steve. And it isn’t my iPhone. Nope. You see, I knew I was getting an iPhone, and I am a girl who needs surprises, so I
politely hinted insisted I also get a surprise present (because I’m a brat) that only costs about $5. Not only did he deliver, but it was like themostperfectthingever. Every time I go to Target, at least one of my hours there is spent playing with the Bop It. I’ve wanted one for ever and ever. But how is a girl in her 20s supposed to justify $15 on a toy labeled for ages 8+ when I obviously need to save up my $15s to buy one ruffle of a Lululemon running skirt? Well, the answer is marry the perfect man.
3. You know how I don’t really like candy? Well that was before I discovered pretzel M&Ms. I am beyond addicted, and it is totally a problem. I may never recover. The addiction is well worth it, however, for one of the recipes I have coming soon…
4. Yesterday, something REALLY COOL happened!! I’ve been reading Iowa Girl Eats for over a year, and every week I look forward to her Friday Favorites–drools-worthy food pics, cute puppies, and super cute clothing that makes me wish I had a better fashion sense. Well, yesterday I open my reader, and there at the bottom of the Friday Favorites post are MY CUPCAKES!!! My favorite ones I’ve ever made 🙂
5. This weekend, I am going up to Flagstaff with my mom’s side of the family. When I was little, we used to go a lot, and we always stayed at the same hotel. This year for Christmas, Steve and I made reservations for the 5 of us to go spend some time together. We’re staying at the same hotel, but they used to allow dogs (hence the appeal), and now they don’t. Poor Winston and Clemenetine are not happy about it.
6. I know I said my favorite present, was the Bop It, but I wrote that part before I actually got my iPhone. I am over the moon for it, and I don’t think I will ever stray for the rest of my life. I can’t stop playing with it. I’ll be in a social situation, but just want to take out my cute new li’l iPhone. It also takes pretty great pictures for a phone.
7. I think I may be at a point in my life where walking around looking really weird is becoming embarrassing again. Like, I turned 28, and I’ve reverted to my teenage years. I have this huge ugly bruise down my left IT band from astym at physical therapy, and it’s been in the 70s here so I’ve been wearing shorts. Well, yesterday I kept catching a glimpse, and then I was sure everyone was staring at me. Suddenly, I felt like a teenage girl wearing last season’s jean fade. Luckily, we’re expecting to go back to winter, so I can go back to jeans until I look slightly less freakish.
8. I really need to go shopping. I have this collection of gift cards just…waiting for me. I love shopping, but I hate spending money. You’d think it would be better with gift cards, but I always want to save them for when I “need something”. Well, that’s not really the point. This gift card to my very favorite stores (Anthropologie, Lulu, and Hobby Lobby–shocking, right?) cannot sit here and burn a whole in my wallet. Time to buy some pretty dresses, running skirts (for when I can actually run again…WAH!), and cute things for my house that I absolutely don’t need, but really want. I’m going on an all day shopping spree–who wants to join me? 😉
9. I really want to start watching Smash from the beginning. I kept half watching every single episode, and now I have no idea what’s going on which makes me pretty much the worst musical theatre person ever. John says I need hulu plus, but I’m cheap. I just need them all on Netflix, like ASAP.