Ultra soft and tender pumpkin ricotta chocolate chip bread is loaded with mini dark chocolate chips and pumpkin flavor with a perfectly soft crumb.
The first time I hosted Thanksgiving I went total overachiever and decided to host Thanksgiving brunch and dinner. While I will NEVER host an entire day of Thanksgiving eating again, it was a fun day and I do think that Thanksgiving breakfast is totally underrated.
I know some people like to not eat ALL DAY to “save up” for the big meal, but if you’ve ever seen me without regular meals, you know that the whole “save up” plan does not work for me. I get hangry super quick, and I would just rather eat all day long.
I love waking up to an easy, delicious and festive breakfast on Thanksgiving morning. I know I’m going to be cooking all day, and the last thing I want to do is make myself an elaborate breakfast. I’ve been playing around with finding the perfect make-ahead treat, and I’m pretty sure I’ve found the one.
Between the pumpkin and ricotta cheese, this bread is super…that M word that shall not be spoken. You don’t need an ounce of butter or oil, and the texture is spot on. Load that puppy up with tons of mini dark chocolate chips and you have yourself an amazing, festive and crave-worthy breakfast, snack or dessert.
Get ready to experience your new favorite fall treat!
- 1 and ¾ cups gluten-free baking blend (or white whole wheat flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- Dash salt
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 and ½ cups pumpkin puree
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup reduced fat buttermilk
- ⅔ cup mini dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9x5 loaf pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together baking blend, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. In a large bowl, beat together eggs, sugars and ricotta until smooth. Stir in half the dry ingredients, followed by buttermilk, then the remaining dry ingredients. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Transfer to prepared loaf pan and loosely cover with tin foil. Place in the lower rack of your oven and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking until set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean with just a few crumbs, about an other 30 minutes. Cool completely, slice and serve. Leftovers may be stored in an airtight container for 7-10 days.
Wait…there’s more! To show how thankful I am to you for reading, I am giving one lucky reader a $50 Amazon gift card.
Giveaway open to US residents age 18+. Giveaway runs from Monday November 9th 2015 8am EST to Sunday November 29th 2015 11:59pm EST.
Make sure to check out these other awesome Thanksgiving recipes and giveaways from my blogger friends!
- Homemade Orange Cider Cranberry Sauce via The Snappy Gourmet
- Cheesy Garlic Herb Potatoes and Squash via Sugar Dish Me
- 5-Ingredient Pecan Pie Fudge via Texanerin Baking
- Brussels Sprouts and Farro Salad via Lemons for Lulu
- Sweet Potato Cheesecake via Cookie Dough and Oven Mitt
- Roasted Butternut Squash and Cranberry Side Dish via Cooking on the Front Burner
- Fig and Goat Cheese Ball via Eat. Drink. Love
- Overnight Pumpkin Monkey Bread via Barbara Bakes
- Classic Apple Pie via Comfortable Domestic
- Acorn Squash Puree via Daily Appetite
- Pumpkin Banana Bread via Java Cupcake
- Green Beans with Almonds and Bacon via From Valerie’s Kitchen
- Classic Pecan Pie via That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Turkey Tenderloins with Mushroom Shallot Tarragon Gravy via All Roads Lead to the Kitchen
- Sweet Potato Casserole Donut Holes via Cupcake Project
- Maple Mashed Sweet Potatoes via Chocolate Slopes
- Triple Spice Pumpkin Buttermilk Pie via Frugal Foodie Mama
- Homemade Cranberry Sauce via The Adventure Bite
- Twice Baked Potatoes via My Gluten Free Kitchen
- Green Bean Quinoa Casserole via Lauren Kelly Nutrition
- Warm Sweet Potato, Bacon, and Leek Salad with Cheddar Biscuit Breadcrumbs via Sarcastic Cooking
- Pumpkin Slab Pie via The Kitchen is My Playground
- Prosciutto Wrapped Parmesan Pears & Greens via The Complete Savorist
- Cranberry Apple Charlotte via The Redhead Baker
- Pumpkin Ricotta Chocolate Chip Bread via Ari’s Menu