The ultimate peanut butter cup brownie cookies – rich, fudgy, brownie-like chocolate cookies stuffed with melty peanut butter cups. These cookies are the ultimate treat, and they will disappear in seconds anywhere you bring them.
So..I bake a lot. I’m sure you’re surprised by this. I bake a lot for the blog, and because I have a sweet tooth the size of Texas.
In terms of things I love to eat it goes something like: dessert, goat cheese, dessert, sweet potatoes, dessert, carbs, dessert.
Oh, and cilantro! For a long time I wondered WHY IS THE RICE AT CHIPOTLE SO GOOD? The answer? Cilantro. WHY CAN I NEVER GET ENOUGH MEXICAN FOOD? Cilantro.
Don’t worry, there’s not cilantro in these cookies. That’s too much, even for me.
Anyway, since there are cookies in and out (gotta get them out, always get them out!) of my house pretty much 24/7, it’s not too often that Steve and I freak out and literally lose our minds over a cookie.
In fact, I’m normally on pins and needles awaiting some huge amazed response from Steve about how he can’t believe the amazing-ness of my cookies and how Betty Crocker should pretty much hang it up because my cookies trump ALL OTHER COOKIES.
Then he normally says something along the lines of “Yep. Pretty good.”
Most of the time, we each eat a cookie or two, then we send them off to work/the bike shop/my mom’s house/pretty much anywhere to avoid temptation.
But these cookies?
Well, let’s just say neither of us quite had the willpower to send them off, and I’m pretty sure I ate something like 3 in one day because I couldn’t stop. They were that good.
In fact, as I was scrolling through my photos deciding which cookie recipe to post, as soon as I got to these I exclaimed “YES!!! MY FAVORITES!!”
Well, I didn’t realize they were my favorites, but now that I think about it, it seems pretty obvious. I’m in deep love/obsession/transfixed magic with the chocolate brownie cookie, and these are stuffed with every kind of Reese’s peanut butter cup imaginable.
I bought the variety pack, and the combo of milk, dark and white chocolate is absolutely to die for.
So what are you waiting for? Get on into your kitchen and make yourself some cookies!
- 1 cup gluten-free baking blend (or white whole wheat flour)
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- dash salt
- 8 ounces dark chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons apple butter
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups mini Reese's cups, quartered*
- In a medium bowl, whisk together baking blend, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together chocolate, egg, vanilla, apple butter, and sugars until well combined, then slowly beat in dry ingredients until just combined. Fold in peanut butter cups. Cover and chill for 30 minutes. Do not chill for too long or chocolate will re-harden and dough will become stuck to your bowl.
- Preheat oven to 350. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silpat. Use a small cookie scoop to transfer dough to prepared cookie sheets. Use a small piece of parchment paper sprayed with nonstick spray to lightly press down dough balls to flatten slightly (they don’t spread when they bake, so if you don’t flatten them, you will end up with round cookies).
- Bake for minutes until just set, about 9-11 minutes Let stand for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container for one week (these cookies stay pretty darn soft and gooey for days!).