I was going to make ginger bread cookie cake pops. I had high hopes for being creative. Then these puppies came out of the oven, and they looked soooo perfect. Then I tasted one, and I couldn’t bare to ruin it by covering it in a powdered sugary glaze. They were just so right. So here you go. Just as they are 🙂
Soft and Fluffy Ginger Molasses Cookies
yield about 3 dozen cookies
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup light whipped butter, softened
- 1/2 cup fat free or red fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup raw cane sugar
- 1/3 cup Splenda
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 tbs water
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 3 tbs raw cane sugar
- Preheat oven to 350. Whisk flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar and Splenda until light and fluffy. Beat in egg substitute, water and molasses.
- Gradually stir dry ingredients. Shape dough into small (approx 1″) balls and roll them in remaining 3 tbs sugar.
- Place on a large cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake 7-10 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes, then transfer to cooling rack.
Speak Your Mind