I had big plans for these. I heard that Starbucks had peppermint brownie cake pops and I was so ready to show them up with salted caramel brownie cake pops! I under cooked my brownies just slightly because cake pops are supposed to be soft and fluffy. Well, apparently they were a little too soft.
Fail. But some accidents can be happy accidents and I knew the brownies with the frosting I had created was too delicious to go to waste, so instead I give you truffles. They are so soft and gooey and fudgey and rich that you’d think they had a million calories, but in reality, you could probably have 2-3 and call it dessert 🙂
Salted Caramel Brownie Truffles
yield 18-24 truffles
- 1 box either No Pudge brownie mix or TJ’s Reduced Guilt Brownie Mix (I’ve used both and they taste equally delicious)
- 6 oz non fat vanilla yogurt
- 4 oz fat free or reduced fat cream cheese
- 1 tbs light whipped butter
- 2 tbs caramel
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Fleur de Sel for sprinkling (Yes, I spent $10 on salt and it was worth it.)
- Make brownies per package instructions baking until just slightly undercooked. You want the toothpick to come out mostly clean and make sure the brownies are set and don’t dent down when you press lightly on the top.
- Cool completely. Meanwhile, combine cream cheese, butter, caramel and vanilla. Beat in powdered sugar.
- The fun part! Spray your hands with cooking spray. Using your hands, literally dig into the brownies removing enough to make small 1″ balls.
- Dip rolled 1″ truffles into frosting coating the top (I learned this the hard way. Most of them I just rolled around in the frosting and they came out way less pretty than the one we dipped).
- Place unfrosted side down into mini muffin liners.
- Sprinkle tops with Fleur de Sel.