If I had to choose one food to eat for the rest of my life and cilantro didn’t count, I would probably choose pizza. Goat cheese is right up there too, but I would just put the goat cheese ON the pizza. In fact, I kind of can’t believe I didn’t put it on this pizza. You could though. It would be delicious.
I mean, you really can’t go wrong with carbs and cheese. My two favorite food groups. Add in some homemade ricotta pesto, and you’ve got yourself a ridiculously easy and impressive homemade pizza for any day of the week!
The pesto and the corn are without a doubt my favorite part. I loved the pesto on it’s own, and on a pizza it got EVEN BETTER. Plus, I looooove roasted corn, especially in the summer. I seek it out on menus when I go out to eat, and put it in almost everything I make at home. Sweet and crisp–it takes almost any dish to the next level!
- 1 lb whole wheat pizza dough (I used Trader Joe's brand), at room temperature
- 1-2 tbsp cornmeal
- 1 batch ricotta pesto
- 6-8oz freshly shredded part skim mozzarella
- 1 red bell pepper, roasted and chopped
- kernels from 1 ear roasted corn
- 2 roma tomatoes, sliced
- heavy pinch oregano
- pinch pepper
- Preheat oven to 450. If using a pizza stone, leave it in the oven for 30 minutes. Sprinkle cornmeal over a sheet of parchment paper. Place dough on parchment paper and roll into desired shape. Alternately, use your hands to stretch it out into desired shape, then place on parchment paper.Transfer to pizza stone or baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and evenly spread pesto over the pizza. Top with cheese, corn and sliced tomatoes. Sprinkle oregano and pepper on top.
- Bake until crust is cooked throughout and cheese is bubbling, about an other 15-20 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes, then slice and serve.