A few days ago, Kathleen posted a link to this recipe, and I just stared at it in awe. Ummm, yum. Yes please. I immediately mentally added it to my holiday baking list. I followed the concept with plans to only slightly modify, but ended up adding peanut butter at the very end, because what isn’t better with peanut butter? I was so excited when I tasted it that not only was the pumpkin butter a healthier replacement for actual butter, but the pb/chocolaye/pumpkin combo was so delicious!
Peanut Butter Pumpkin S’mores Cups
- 7 whole wheat graham crackers, finely crushed
- 3 1/2 tbs pumpkin butter
- 1/4 cup grain sweetened chocolate chips
- 1 tbs peanut butter
- dash vanilla
- 12 large marshmallows, halved
- Preheat oven to 350. Combine crushed graham crackers and pumpkin butter. I just used my hands. Messy is fun 😉
- Line 24 mini muffin cups and spray liners.
- Drop 1 tsp of graham cracker mixture into each liner and press in with fingers to form cup base.
- Bake crust for 4-5 minutes until set. Place a marshmallow half in each cup, cut side down.
- Place back in oven for 2-3 minutes.
- Let stand for 5 minutes, then remove liners and transfer to cooling rack.
- Meanwhile, place chocolate chips and peanut butter in a microwave safe bowl and microwave in spurts of 30 seconds, stirring after each until melted. Add dash of vanilla.
- Drop approx 1-2 tsp chocolate/peanut butter mixture on each marshmallow, and cool completely.