I made this recipe a long time ago, back when this blog was titled “Skinnified”, but recently made it again with a few changes, so I just wanted to give it an update with some better pictures. It is equally, if not more delicious, and so perfect for hosting brunch for a large group!
Mexican Egg Bake
yield 12 servings
- 1 8oz package Pillsbury seamless creations
- 12 egg whites
- 4 whole eggs
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 1 can green chilies
- 1/4 cup red fat sharp cheddar or goat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 lb cooked turkey or soy sausage, chopped (I’ve made both and I love it both ways)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbs ground cumin
- dash chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- splash Chalulah
- splash milk (I used 2%)
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray 9×13 pan with nonstick spray.
- Press Pillsbury dough into sprayed pan and cook about 12-15 minutes until golden.
- Spray a large pan with nonstick spray. Over medium heat, saute garlic, onion and bell pepper until tender. Season with salt, pepper, cumin and chili powder.
- When veggies are tender, add in sausage and continue to cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Whisk together egg whites and eggs. Add a splash of milk and a couple shakes of Chalulah.
- Pour veggies and soy sausage on top of cooked dough. Add green chilies and egg mixture.
- Top with cheeses and bake at 350 for about 45 min or until the center is set.