Hi friends! I can’t believe this week is almost over. It has been a whirlwind over here. I’ve been back in town for just a little over a week, and I’ve started a new job, adjusted to a new 4am alarm, and tried to start setting up a new routine. It has been great, and challenging, but mostly great! Also, yesterday I had the honored of being featured by one of my favorite bloggers. I answered several questions about my weight loss and running journey. Head over and check it out if you want to learn a little more about me. 🙂
Anyway, let’s talk about food! Cookies, specifically. Perfectly tart and sweet, melt-in-your-mouth-soft lemon crinkle cookies. Uggghhhh, you guys…I can’t even explain to you how good these cookies are. They rival those Paradise Bakery gems that I’ve been obsessed with for years. They make you want to convert to lemon desserts forever.
The combination of the lemon Greek yogurt + coconut oil = cookie texture perfection. Thick, soft and lightly chewy–you will never miss the butter!
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- dash salt
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 5 tbsp nonfat lemon Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together sugar and lemon zest until fragrant. Add coconut oil, yogurt, vanilla, egg and lemon juice. Beat until combined. Add flour mixture and beat until just combined. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350. Line baking sheet with silpat or parchment paper.
- Place powdered sugar in a large shallow bowl. Roll dough into approx 1" dough balls. Roll in powdered sugar to coat completely, then transfer to prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until edges gave just set. Allow to cool completely on baking sheet. Store in a loosely covered container for 5 days.
Plain yogurt may be substituted if lemon is unavailable.
Katy @ KatysKitchen says
I love yogurt in cookies- it’s so tangy! Lemon juice would pair just perfectly. Your crinkle cookies are too pretty for words.
Erica @ EricaDHouse.com says
I uhhh…should have stipulated you send over theses lemon crinkle cookies with your interview answers 🙂
Linz @ Itz Linz says
this is so funny – my mom has been making chocolate crinkle cookies lately & they’re AMAZING! crinkle cookies must be the new thing! 🙂
4am? Yikes! If I had to wake up that early, I’d treat myself with some of these cookies for breakfast!
Jamie @ couchtoironwoman says
Yummy! I feel like my mom has made something similar to this before 🙂
Heidi @ Food Doodles says
Oooh! First of all, I love crinkle cookies but I don’t always want chocolate ones so lemon sounds awesome! Also, Greek yogurt in cookies? Sounds great!
Kristi @ lifesprinkles says
Ooh, these look super yummy!
Jen @ The Scrumptious Pumpkin says
These are so pretty! Love how you’ve managed to bake such a yummy-looking cookie without any butter or white flour at all! 🙂