Let’s talk for a second about making a video.
It’s, um…hard. I naively assumed that I would be great at this, You see, I’m an actor. I have a degree in musical theatre. This is what I teach people to do all day long, right??? Well, as it turns out, it’s not quite that simple. Shocking, right? But it is a whole lot of fun!
I believe it was the day that Nicole and I ran 21 miles that we decided to create our own internet cooking show. When we talk about food, we run faster. We spend a lot of time talking about food.
I think the hardest part of this process for me was that my big, ridiculous, often over-the-top personality doesn’t always translate to a tiny little camera box. Nicole kept telling me I was shouting because I’m so used to having to project on stage, haha. It’s definitely a learning process, and there are quite a few things I want to work on for the next time (like, oh…actually plugging in our microphone and shooting in the hd format…whoops…), but I am pretty proud of what we put together.
Buffalo Chicken Dip
yield your entire party
- 9-11 oz chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 4 oz reduced fat cream cheese
- 1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 4 oz reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 2-3 tsp ranch seasoning
- 1/3 cup buffalo sauce (or more if you want it spicier)
- bleu cheese for topping (optional)
- carrots and celery for dipping
- Combine chicken, cream cheese, Greek yogurt, cheddar cheese, ranch seasoning, and buffalo sauce in a medium sauce pan over medium heat. Stir constantly until all items are incorporated and dip is heated throughout, about 10-15 minutes.
- Serve topped with crumbled bleu cheese, with carrots and celery. Dip can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for one week, and reheated or eaten cold (if you’re weird like me 😉 ).