So the thing is, we are definitely not perfect, but Steve and I have learned a bit about photography (him), food presentation (me), and composition (both of us) since starting this little blog. Whenever I go through my old recipe posts, I cringe and hope the people visiting my blog don’t look at them and run away forever. I keep them because the recipes are good, but I have this grand plan to recreate everything I love and get some good quality pictures so that everything on here looks cohesive. And not like a 5 year old made it. The problem is, I get excited and creative and want to make new recipes! However, these I love. Like a to the depths of my heart kind of love.
They were actually pretty popular around the internet too. I mean seriously, peanut butter, chocolate, and pretzels. It’s kind of a sure thing.
My favorite thing about these cookies is all of the contrasting flavors and textures.
Sweet & salty.
Crunchy & soft.
I may not always achieve perfect balance with my personal, professional, and health goals, but the most important thing is that I can accomplish it in a cookie, right?
Okay, good. As long as we’re all on the same page. Since we’re going with balance, I even made these slightly healthier this time around, and you know what? They were equally delicious. So to balance out the healthy, I ate about 7 of them in one day. It was awesome.
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Pretzel Cookies
yield approx 2 dozen
- 1 1/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- dash salt
- 1/2 cup apple butter
- 5 tbs packed light brown sugar
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (preferably PB & Co White Chocolate Wonderful)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
- approx 24 pretzels (one per cookie)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat apple butter, sugars, and peanut butter until smooth.
- Add egg and vanilla. Mix well.
- Slowly stir the dry ingredients.
- Fold in chips. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll dough into small 1″ balls, or use a cookie scoop and drop on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 7 minutes, then press a pretzel into each cookie. Cook for an additional 7 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire rack.
These cookies look so delicious. 🙂 I like peanut butter, yumm. I need to try them!
Thanks! Let me know what you think if you give them a shot 🙂