I did it! I made up a dish. I didn’t look at anyone else’s recipe for inspiration (although I’m sure there are a million recipes out there like this one). I just thought about things I liked and put it together and it was so delicious! This dish is perfect for when you’re busy around the holidays and have been living entirely off cookies because there’s not a ton of prep time, it’s healthy and it looks much fancier than it actually is!
Apple, Goat Cheese and Fig Stuffed Chicken
yield 4 servings
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts approx 6oz each
- 2 oz goat cheese
- 1/2 apple, thinly sliced (I used the amazingly delicious honey crisp, but any apple will be good!)
- 4 tbs fig butter
- olive oil
- freshly ground sea salt
- freshly ground garlic pepper (I bought it at Whole Foods and it is so amazing!)
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Season chicken with salt and garlic pepper on both sides.
- Butterfly the chicken, and stuff with 1/2 oz goat cheese, 2 apple slices and 1 tbs fig butter. Fold chicken back over.
- Heat a pan on medium high and drizzle with a little olive oil (just enough to avoid sticking).
- Sear chicken about 2-3 minutes on each side, then transfer to baking dish.
- Baker for 40-50 minutes until cooked throughout and juices run clear. Let chicken rest out of oven about 2-3 minutes.