I don’t know about you, but my taste buds totally change in the summer time. Most of my favorite foods (other than fro yo which is 100 times better in the summer) are hot and cheesy, and just don’t sound good when it’s 115 outside.
Well, this pizza is still hot and cheesy, so it wins for taste, but it is also fruity and refreshing which is perfect for the summer heat!
Confession: My favorite pizza used to be the kind that got delivered. Greasy, drippy Pizza Hut or Dominoes pizza was a staple in my diet, and something I continued to crave until I realized that pizza didn’t have to be off limits. That was like the best day of my life–when I started eating pizza again. Maybe I should be embarrassed by that?
Oh, whatever, I don’t care–I LOVE PIZZA!!! And I am now head over heels for making my own pizza, and how ridiculously easy it is! You just put whatever you want on top of some dough…
Then toss it in the oven!
3 Cheese Apple Cranberry Pizza
yield 6 servings
- 1 package refrigerated whole wheat pizza crust
- 3/4 cup fat free ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2-3 tbs unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbs fresh rosemary leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup part skin mozzarella
- 1.5 oz herbed goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 apple, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Spray a medium-large cookie sheet with nonstick spray, then roll dough out using a rolling pin to fill out the sheet.
- In a small bowl, whisk together ricotta, Greek yogurt, milk, rosemary, and balsamic vinegar. Spread evenly onto rolled out dough, then top with mozzarella and goat cheese, followed by apple slices and dried cranberries.
- Cook according to instructions on the prepared pizza dough package.